Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekly Inspiration: 12/7/08

I'm back in Taos(NM), and I'm loving my time in the high altitude. The fresh air, the star spattered skies, the gorgeous sunsets, and snow! I'm definitely a mountain/forest person over the beach. I enjoy my time there, but I'm in love with the mountains. So this week I thought I would share the inspiration of the stoney sentinels with you. 

**********

You cannot always stay on the summits. You have to come down again... So what’s the point? Only this: what is above knows what is below, what is below does not know what is above. While climbing, take note of all the difficulties along your path. During the descent, you will no longer see them, but you will know that they are there if you have observed carefully. There is an art to finding your way in the lower regions by the memory of what you have seen when you were higher up. When you can no longer see, you can at least still know.
                  ~ Rene Daumal, Mountain Analogue

No comments: